Yesterday, i had a problem with email server(exchange 2003). The problem are corrupt database. I’m trying to googling a solution to repair the database, and I found one link that make repairing the database so simple. So, here are the steps I follow at their simplest/most technical along with a few useful resource links.
ESEUTIL /MH to check for dirty shutdown
- ”c:program files/exchsrvr/bin/eseutil.exe” /mh priv1.edb
- If the state is ‘Dirty Shutdown’, you’ll need to move on to repair efforts. If this is a recovery effort to a new server or your logs are bogus, make sure your MDBData folders, etc. only have the necessary EDB/STM files and no logfiles (move ‘em elsewhere)
ESEUTIL /P to repair (this takes a while)”c:program files/exchsrvr/bin/eseutil.exe” /P priv1.edb
ESEUTIL /D to defrag (this takes even longer)”c:program files/exchsrvr/bin/eseutil.exe” /D priv1.edb
Repeat steps above for all of the databases you have (including your PUB as well).
- Start Exchange Information Store
- ISINTEG -s SERVERNAME -FIX -test allfoldertests (run until no errors or fixes, then replace -pri with -pub)
- Perform another ESEUTIL /MH to check for clean shutdown
Reference Link :
- ISINTEG Reference: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/182081
- ESEUTIL Reference: http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2004/06/18/159413.aspx
- Exchange 2003 Disaster Recovery Switch:http://www.petri.co.il/exchange_disasterecovery_switch.htm
- Exchange 2007 Recover Server Switch: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Recovering-Exchange-2007-Server-RecoverServer-switch.html
- Using ESEUTIL and ISINTEG together: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Exchange-ISINTEG-ESEUTIL.html