this problem has been consume my time for almost 1 month.
i have been trying to install kb 4343900 for many times on my windows server 2008 r2, but it always failed.
The server was virtual machine on VMware.
What i already do is :
– running the sfc /scannow but it looks normal no integrity violation found
– try install the kb manually but still failed.
– running the SFCFix but still not working
– reset the windows update component.
windows update log :
2018-08-23 16:20:46:999 868 b4c Handler Post-reboot status for package Package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~7601.24214.1.5: 0x80070020.
2018-08-23 16:20:46:999 868 b4c Handler WARNING: Got extended error: “POQ Operation HardLinkFile OperationData \SystemRoot\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-font-truetype-tahoma_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.24145_none_8e5c4f96a47869ce\tahomabd.ttf, \??\C:\Windows\fonts\tahomabd.ttf”
after several troubleshoot workaround, i found that the tahomabd.ttf are lock the windows update process , and here are the workaround to solved it :
1) Use Process Explorer (Process Explorer – Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs) to search for handles currently using “tahoma” or “staticcache.dat”. Please run this tools as administrator.
2) Temporarily disable or uninstall the above handles (programs/processes) that are using “tahoma” or “staticcache.dat” (for my case, manage engine service desk lock the tahoma font. Disable the manage engine services before install the KB).
3) Install KB4343900.
4) restart the server
5) Update Success, Re-enable manage engine services.