this problem has been consume my time for almost 1 month.
i have been trying to install kb 4343900 for many times on my windows server 2008 r2, but it always failed.
The server was virtual machine on VMware.
What i already do is :
– running the sfc /scannow but it looks normal no integrity violation found
– try install the kb manually but still failed.
– running the SFCFix but still not working
– reset the windows update component.
windows update log :
2018-08-23 16:20:46:999 868 b4c Handler Post-reboot status for package Package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~7601.24214.1.5: 0x80070020.
2018-08-23 16:20:46:999 868 b4c Handler WARNING: Got extended error: “POQ Operation HardLinkFile OperationData \SystemRoot\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-font-truetype-tahoma_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.24145_none_8e5c4f96a47869ce\tahomabd.ttf, \??\C:\Windows\fonts\tahomabd.ttf”
after several troubleshoot workaround, i found that the tahomabd.ttf are lock the windows update process , and here are the workaround to solved it :
1) Use Process Explorer (Process Explorer – Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs) to search for handles currently using “tahoma” or “staticcache.dat”. Please run this tools as administrator.
2) Temporarily disable or uninstall the above handles (programs/processes) that are using “tahoma” or “staticcache.dat” (for my case, manage engine service desk lock the tahoma font. Disable the manage engine services before install the KB).
3) Install KB4343900.
4) restart the server
5) Update Success, Re-enable manage engine services.
Source 2 – my thread on www.sysnative.com
this is note to myself.
if you’re have some request to adding permission to the folder that need to be access by sql server, you need to add the folder permission with NT SERVICE\MSSQLSERVER and give the access to that account with modify access.
So the sql server will be able to access that folder.
This guide will help you to solved install cisco VPN on windows 10.
- download DNE on this link and at mid-way through the page under “Other DNE Problems” you will find the download link to 32-bit and 64-bit version of DNE installation file. Download the file and install it on your Windows 10 computer.install the DNE software and then install the VPN client
- after that go toHKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CVirtA
Double click DisplayName and
For x86, change the value data from something like “@oem8.inf,%CVirtA_Desc%;Cisco Systems VPN Adapter” to “Cisco Systems VPN Adapter”
For x64, change the value data from something like “@oem8.inf,%CVirtA_Desc%;Cisco Systems VPN Adapter for 64-bit Windows” to “Cisco Systems VPN Adapter for 64-bit Windows”
- And your VPN client shoul be working now.
well, i know it’s kinda lil bit too late to wrote about windows 10. But from the first time i wrote about this, it’s like new journey for me because our company finally decided to migrate into windows 10.
I will tell the story later about testing and etc.
see you soon.
If you want to find out the computer model you can running this command below :
wmic csproduct get vendor, version
or we can get computer name , model, manufacturer and system type by using below command :
wmic computersystem get model,name,manufacturer,systemtype
If you have problem like below error, when opened the attachment from outlook 2010
You can try to cleaning up this below folder, and then restart the outlook again. It’s simple right? 😀
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Outlook
If the client have duplicate SID, it’s make computers not showing in the wsus console.
The duplicate SID are came from Image base deployment .
If you generalize the image using sysprep this issue will not show.
You can run below scipt in the client that not detected in WSUS console.
Save below script as bat file, and run the file using administrative account.
net stop wuauserv
REG DELETE “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate” /v AccountDomainSid /f
REG DELETE “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate” /v PingID /f
REG DELETE “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate” /v SusClientId /f
net start wuauserv
wuauclt /resetauthorization /detectnow
Credit to original script creator.