This is a unique problem, after windows update old version of windows 10 has problem with windows audio and wlan service.
we found that the windows 10 version below the 1803 will get the impact.
what we do is try update the audio and wireless driver.
Sometimes after update the driver the problem solved, but if new windows update come the problem will show up again. and Sometimes when the laptop/computer restart it automatically fixed the problem. But sometimes it doesn’t.
After some investigating, we found same case in this link, and then we do this workaround to fix it. and right now the problem not showing anymore.
and this is the workaround for solved the problem :
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control
- In the right pane, locate the ServicesPipeTimeout entry.
Note If the ServicesPipeTimeout entry does not exist, you must create it. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type ServicesPipeTimeout, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click ServicesPipeTimeout, and then click Modify.
- Click Decimal, type 300000, and then click OK.
This value represents the time in milliseconds before a service times out.
- Restart the computer.
i found some problem when try windows 10 for my company, and this is one of the case.
After join into domain my laptop finger print sign in option are unavailable, to solved this i’m using below registry and then the problem solved :
I have a synology unit which I connected via iSCSI on windows server 2008r2, the weird thing that every time I reboot, the shared folder would disappeared, and I would have to re-share again.
after read some article on the microsoft on this link , i solved the problem.
the things that i do is :
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then press ENTER.
- Type sc config LanManServer depend= Samss/Srv/MSiSCSI, and then press ENTER.
If you have administrative access to the server, you can perform this command from a network computer. To do this, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
sc \\computer_name config LanManServer depend= Samss/Srv/MSiSCSI
To forcing the Lync client to download the address book Please do the following
- Log off of the Lync client and delete the profile from: %userprofile%\appdata\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync
- Execute the following command in the command prompt using administrative account to add the registry that forces the Lync client to immediately download the address book: reg add HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync /v GalDownloadInitialDelay /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
- And then re open the lync software, now you will be able to search people in address book.
one of my user send me below picture,
and asking why suddenly the outlook cannot be opened.
after trying to run command outlook.exe /resetnavepane it’s back to normal again.
i found the problem that show up the windows time services not running when using workgroup environment.
and for the solution, please use this workaround.
Run the following command to delete the trigger event that’s registered as the default setting and to change the Startup Type setting for the Windows Time service from Manual to Automatic:
sc triggerinfo w32time delete
Run the following command to define a trigger event that suits your environment. In this example, the command determines whether an IP address is given to a host, and then it starts or stops the service.
sc triggerinfo w32time start/networkon stop/networkoff
Change the Startup Type of the Windows Time service from Manual to Automatic (Delayed Start).
Note If the Startup Type of the Windows Time service is set to Automatic (Delayed Start), the Windows Time service may be started by the “Time Synchronization before the Service Control Manager starts the Windows Time service” task. (This depends on the startup timing of the Windows operating system in question.)
In this situation, the service triggers an automatic stop after the success of the Time Synchronization task. Therefore, if you use Method 3, you must disable the “Time Synchronization to avoid the task to start the Windows Time service” task. To do this, follow these steps:
Start the Task Scheduler.
Under Task Scheduler Library / Microsoft / Windows / Time Synchronization, click Synchronize Time.
Right-click, and then click Disabled on the shortcut menu.
well this is some question from member of IT Team, he’s have some problem with the hardisk space that suddenly near to zero. And then i found some software and yes we can use it to searching what file or folder consumed our hardisk. I used treesize software and you can download it on this link