This is a unique problem, after windows update old version of windows 10 has problem with windows audio and wlan service.
we found that the windows 10 version below the 1803 will get the impact.
what we do is try update the audio and wireless driver.
Sometimes after update the driver the problem solved, but if new windows update come the problem will show up again. and Sometimes when the laptop/computer restart it automatically fixed the problem. But sometimes it doesn’t.
this problem has been consume my time for almost 1 month.
i have been trying to install kb 4343900 for many times on my windows server 2008 r2, but it always failed.
The server was virtual machine on VMware.
What i already do is :
– running the sfc /scannow but it looks normal no integrity violation found
– try install the kb manually but still failed.
– running the SFCFix but still not working
after several troubleshoot workaround, i found that the tahomabd.ttf are lock the windows update process , and here are the workaround to solved it :
1) Use Process Explorer (Process Explorer – Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs) to search for handles currently using “tahoma” or “staticcache.dat”. Please run this tools as administrator.
2) Temporarily disable or uninstall the above handles (programs/processes) that are using “tahoma” or “staticcache.dat” (for my case, manage engine service desk lock the tahoma font. Disable the manage engine services before install the KB).